Free Online Cloud Management Seminar
Create a Highly-Efficient Virtual and Cloud Infrastructure
The 25-Point Implementation Plan is increasing demands on legacy infrastructure while ushering in the transition to modern architectures like cloud computing. The plan’s focus on highly-virtualized and cloud environments is causing a convergence of management functions. Where before performance, capacity, and configuration management were separate fields, today they are becoming inseparable partners in operating a converged infrastructure; one in which compute, storage, and networking resources are fully integrated on a virtualized platform. What this means for the agency is that the traditional tools they’ve relied on to manage static physical infrastructure are now struggling to meet the new automation and control challenges of virtualized and private cloud environments. This new environment requires new tools and processes.
Join Federal Computer Week, VMware and Cisco for this FREE solutions seminar to learn how to take advantage of existing compute, storage and networking systems to evolve your agency's resources from siloed, disparate groups to a more collaborative and optimized shared services model.
You Will Learn:
- How agencies are preparing for a dynamic infrastructure that scales up or down according to user requirements
- What management controls are optimized for virtual and cloud infrastructure environments
- The differences and complements between traditional ESM and VI/cloud management
- The needs for integrated performance, capacity and configuration management capabilities
- What is required to create a highly-efficient virtual and cloud infrastructure that reduces and avoids unnecessary costs
This is your opportunity to hear how top federal executives are rethinking their agencies' infrastructures to address data center consolidation and the scalability needs of the cloud.