|Sorry, this event is over. Register today for an upcoming event on Security.
To view all upcoming events, visit: www.1105seminars.com.
Check back often - we’re constantly adding new events!
Creating a National Strategy for Cybersecurity Awareness
On October 21, 2010, Federal Computer Week, in partnership with Cisco, gathered at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC to hear experts from government and industry discuss a more deliberate and effective national cybersecurity strategy.
Presentation Materials Now Available:
- Alan Carswell
Chair, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Department, University of Maryland University College Graduate School of Management and Technology
- Special Agent (Ret) Jim Christy
Director, Futures Exploration, Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3)
- Michael Kaiser
Executive Director, National Cyber Security Alliance
- Patrick Peterson
Research Fellow and Chief Security Researcher, Cisco
Thanks to All Who Attended!
The cyber threats to U.S. commercial interests, financial institutions, and public and private information continue to multiply. They are increasingly sophisticated in their attack objectives and methods. During this professional education seminar attendees learned about specific programs focused on raising national awareness of serious cybersecurity threats, including:
- How each citizen and business can join the cyber-combat to impede the success of our adversaries
- How public sector organizations can and are collaborating with citizens of all ages and businesses of all sizes to present a coordinated defense of our collective information assets
- Programs underway to thwart criminal activities by those charged with finding and stopping their malicious behavior
Seminar sessions covered:
- Understanding the Cybersecurity Adversaries
- The Role of Government in Making Cyber Progress
- Programs Underway that Empower Citizens
- How Using Network Capabilities Can Build Security into Government Operations
Thank you for your interest in our program. For more information on upcoming events please visit: http://eventinfo.1105govinfo.com/
Federal Computer Week Solutions Seminar Team